By participating at the Ride to fight ALS not only you raise funds for people living with the disease but you also take part in a memorable experience.
Each team must raise a minimum of funds. Even though raising money can seem like a daunting task, you will be surprised how fast donations add up once you start collecting. The key to success? Start now, if you haven’t done so already!
Fundraising tips and Tricks
Download our Fundraising tips and tricks document
Online personal page
Upon your online registration, you will be asked to set up your personal fundraising page. Be sure to utilize this site, it is a great tool!
On your personal fundraising page, you can:
– Personalize and Customize your Homepage
– Solicit Donors
– Manage Cash and Cheque Donations
– Verify the Results of your Fundraising Campaign
Use your personal page to share your story and introduce yourself to your donors. Encourage your donors to use the online system as it saves time and helps to save on administrative fees. Your Personal Page also automatically tracks your fundraising balance, so you and your donors can monitor your progress.
Need help navigating the website? Consult the tutorials of the most used functions of the fundraising website:
Cash and cheques donations
There are different ways to process cash and cheques donations:
Print and fill out a donation form and attach the cheque or cash to it. A personal cheque can replace cash donations (specify which donation it covers so your donors can receive their tax receipt).
Enter all cash and cheque donations to make your fundraising “thermometer” rise! When you raise funds online you save administrative costs and direct more funds to client services and research.
1. : Use your credit card to make an online donation equal to the donation you received. The donor will receive a tax receipt according the information filled out.
2. : Save your donation on your personal page and send it by mail. The donor will receive an electronic tax receipt according the information filled out (complete address and email must be saved). Here is how to do it:
- Connect to your personal page (with your username and password)
- Fundraising tab > Manage Cash or Cheque
- Enter the donor’s information
- Once the donation is received by the Society, the donation status will go from Unverified to Verified.
It is important to send your donations before the event in order to validate that your fundraising goal is reached.
Corporate matching gift program
Contact your Human Resources department to find out if your company has a corporate matching gift program. With this program, the company will equally match your donation. If they do, you can obtain and complete a form and turn it in with your pledges – it’s an easy way to double your total.
Moreover you can encourage donors to ask their companies for matching gift forms; many donors are not aware this is an option. Often, even if a company does not have a matching gift program, they will support your efforts financially.